ABOUT OUR CHILD CARE & PRESCHOOL CENTER IN JACKSONVILLE
Rattles to Tassels Learning Center is a new and exciting child care and preschool center in Jacksonville’s beautiful Southside. We offer infant day care, toddler child care, preschool and voluntary pre-kindergarten (VPK) programs. Our child care center programs are led through a mixture of creative play, song and dance, planned activities, arts and crafts, and daily outside play activities. We provide child care for children between the ages of 6 weeks through 5 years of age.
Our Voluntary Pre-kindergarten (VPK) program is available to four year old children who have had a birthday before September 1st of each school year. Our Jacksonville Summer VPK program is for 4 year old children whose birthday was after the September 1st cut off. Rattles to Tassels Learning Center also offers an excellent Jacksonville Summer Camp for children between the ages of 5 to 7 years old.
Message from the Director
I have always believed when you help a child learn, you enhance a child’s life. Since 2013, Rattles to Tassels Learning Center has been enhancing lives, one child and family at a time.
We believe quality child care is just as important as the quality of a child’s life. Our goal is to provide each child and family with child care that makes for a secure, comfortable feeling and to developmentally strengthen each child educationally, physically and emotionally. We want to ensure that very minute spent in child care and preschool is the best it can be. The focus on total child care and quality time extends not only to the child, but to parents and family members as well.
We also believe families deserve open communication about how their child does in school each day. We give you peace of mind knowing that your child is safe and secure in a loving and learning environment while you are working to achieve your family’s goals.
The professionals who make up our Rattles to Tassels team are grateful for the opportunity to help our children learn more each and every day. As we touch their lives, they inspire us and remind us that the work we do every day truly matters.
Thanks to our parents confidence in our preschool and the support of many others in our community, we have grown from a small and determined group of volunteer teachers into a full-size infant daycare, preschool and prekindergarten provider. We have touched the lives of hundreds of Jacksonville Florida families.
And as we have grown, our capabilities have grown—allowing us to provide quality child care in a compassionate and professional early childhood education facility. We serve as a partner to our parents and families for their choice as a long term child care provider for years to come. We are grateful for the many families, child care professionals and volunteers who believe in our work and join us in fulfilling our mission of “setting the foundation for tomorrow’s generation.”
We believe that having a full-service child care center and preschool dedicated to providing child care to all who need it improves the quality of child care for everyone in our area. Through our work, we hope to touch many more families’ lives for years to come.
It has been our honor to be the community’s child care center of choice for the past three years. We look forward to continuing to be Southside Jacksonville’s preschool of choice because all families deserve quality child care for their children.
Our Core Values
- We demonstrate the highest ethical standards by being fair and honest with our families and team members.
- We are committed to doing the right thing for each family for the right reasons.
- We improve quality child care by promoting family choices, and providing early childhood education for children and information to their families.
- We promote quality child care throughout our community through our personal understanding of our families and setting the example regarding any child care issues.
- We use creative approaches to improve the quality of time spent in child care and find better ways to provide service.
- We each practice positive leadership in our area of responsibility.
- We are personally accountable for our work and development of children.
- We are each responsible for the overall effectiveness of our classroom.
- We take pride in our work environment and display an image of professionals in our field.
- We efficiently allocate our time in the most effective way to assist children who need a little extra help.
- We are responsible stewards of our resources, using compassion as our guiding tool.
Respect for Each Individual Family
- We respect the diverse cultures and beliefs of our community and team members.
- We seek diversity in staff experiences, backgrounds and ideas to make us a better organization.
- We have confidence in our fellow teacher’s capabilities and intentions, and treat each other with respect.
- We engage the diverse talents and backgrounds of our team members and provide opportunities for their growth and professional development.
Superior Child Care Service
- We provide quality, compassionate child care centered around family.
- We serve our families by being responsive to their needs.
- We understand the power of synergy. We can accomplish more as a team than we can alone.
- We collaborate regularly with our team members, other child care providers, and our community partners such as the Early Learning Coalition of Duval.
Thank you for visiting us online!