VPK & Summer VPK in Jacksonville
Early learning programs, like VPK and Summer VPK at Rattles to Tassels Learning Center, can have a positive impact on your child’s future.
About VPK at Rattles to Tassels Learning Center
VPK stands for Voluntary Prekindergarten Education Programs. If you live in Florida, and your child turns 4 years of age by September 1, your child is eligible to participate in Florida’s FREE Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) education program. If your child turns 4 years of age after September 1, your child is eligible to participate in Florida’s FREE Summer VPK education program.
Benefits of Early Learning and VPK Programs:
- The most important growth and development in the brain happens by the time your child is 5 years old.
- Your child’s ability to be attentive and to follow directions emerges in the early years. Structured learning programs like Summer VPK fosters the ability for later success in school and life.
- Pre-K prepares children to be ready for school. Children who participate in Rattles to Tassels’ high-quality early childhood education programs develop better language skills, score higher in school readiness tests and have better social skills and fewer behavioral problems once they enter school. They are also better prepared for Kindergarten, especially pre-reading, pre-math and social skills.
- Pre-K promotes a love of learning in children. Pre-K enhances what a child learns at home and instills a love of life-long learning.
Highlights of the Rattles to Tassels VPK Program
VPK and Summer VPK are FREE for all children who live in Florida.
- No registration fee.
- Parents can choose a participating provider, like Rattles to Tassels.
- Early language and literacy focus.
School Year VPK Enrollment – If your child turns 4 years of age by September 1, your child qualifies for the VPK program during the school year.
Summer VPK Enrollment – If your child turns 4 after September 1, your child qualifies for the Summer VPK program.
VPK Education Program Curriculum
- Focuses on reading, writing and social skills.
- Prepares children to be ready for Kindergarten.
Rattles to Tassels VPK Program Options
- Option 1: School Year VPK – 540 instructional hours
- Option 2: Summer VPK – 300 instructional hours
All VPK Programs are required by law to meet certain standards. The ratios are 1 instructor to 11 children. The class size will not exceed 20 children in the school year program and will not exceed 12 children in the summer program. All VPK instructors are required to have a minimum of a child development associate for the school year program and a bachelor’s degree in early childhood or related fields for the summer program. We are very proud that our VPK teachers are very experienced and typically exceed the State’s requirements for teaching VPK and Summer VPK.
About Rattles to Tassels Learning Center
Rattles to Tassels Learning Center is a new and exciting daycare and preschool in Jacksonville, located on the Southside. We offer infant daycare, toddler child care, preschool, VPK and Summer VPK programs. Our child care center programs are led through a mixture of creative play, song and dance, planned activities, arts and crafts, and daily outside play activities. We provide child care for children between the ages of 6 weeks through 5 years of age. Our VPK program is available to four year old children who have had a birthday before September 1st of each school year. Our Jacksonville Summer VPK program is for 4 year old children whose birthday was after the September 1st cut off. Rattles to Tassels Learning Center also offers an excellent Jacksonville Summer Camp for children between the ages of 5 to 7 years old. Contact us today to schedule a tour.